BAND FESTIVAL INFORMATION
We are rapidly approaching MSBOA Band Festival. This letter contains information about festival and to ask for you help. If you are available to chaperone, please describe how you would like to help below. This concert is required and very important to our development as musicians.
MS performance time is 9:00 AM (warm up will be at 8:30am)
HS performance time is 11:55 PM (warm up time will be 11:15ish)
Total performance time including sight reading is around 1 hour.
All parents are welcome to attend. The event is free and open to the public.
- Date: March 2, 2019
- Students should arrive at school at 6:45 AM in Uniform. The buses will leave the school at 7:00 am for St. Johns High School. The Middle School will return around noon and the high school will return around 4pm.
- HS Students should bring money for lunch, MS can bring money for concessions
- All are welcome to watch in both the Performance Hall and the Sight Reading Room. The audience is not allowed to help during sight reading (with exception to transporting percussion instruments) please do not instruct students in any way after the room’s chairperson reads the rules).
- A more detailed description of the festival can be found on the Band Website.
- Students must ride the bus to and from the event.
We need parents to ride the bus, pull the trailer, and help supervise the students. Just click this link or email me to volunteer. The job is very easy
Update contact information, get handouts, veiw account status, look at the calendar, and see band news. Logging in for the first time? Use your student id number as password (the one you use for lunch).
Passwords can be reset by asking the band director.
From the Band Director's Desk Podcast
The mission of the Breckenridge Public School music program is to advance the goals of the District by providing a comprehensive, sequential, standards-based music program that enhances the understanding of music through performance, creativity and analysis. In pursuit of that goal, the staff of the Breckenridge Music Department is dedicated to creating a vibrant and diverse learning environment that encourages students to experience music as it relates to themselves, their communities and other cultures.