2016-2020 Strategic Plan
At January’s board meeting Breckenridge Community Schools Board of Education adopted a new Mission, Vision and Belief Statements created from input from stakeholders.
Breckenridge Community Schools educates each student to achieve personal excellence.
All students will have the opportunity to achieve academic excellence, personal success, and become productive members of their community.
- We believe our priority is to provide educational experiences for all students
- We believe education is a shared responsibility between students, families, staff and community.
- We believe technology is a vital tool to foster 21st century skills.
- We believe in facilitating lifelong learning to create responsible citizens.
- We believe all individuals have the ability to achieve personal success.
- We believe well maintained facilities are a priority.
- We believe students can grow through a variety of extra-curricular activities.
- We believe a safe and positive environment is essential.
- We believe every individual at Breckenridge Community Schools is important and has a purpose.
- We believe that the education of staff and the implementation of progressive teaching methods are essential to developing 21st century learners.
This is the beginning of a new strategic plan that will guide the district through the next 5 years.
We have goals set in the following 5 areas:
We welcome stakeholders to participate in activities to support our growth. If you would like to be a part of this endeavor, please contact me at: email@example.com or 989-842-3182 extension 501 and let me know your preference.
Kimberly F. Thompson, Superintendent